Dear family, friends and other readers of my blog,
Well, the rumours are true. I've been out of the intensive therapy (intenzivna terapija) part of the NICU since last Sunday. After spending the week in the other part of the NICU (intenzivna nega/intensive care), today I got to join Mama upstairs (gor na oddelek) again. That means that I said goodbye once more to all the great doctors, nurses & technicians in the NICU. Hopefully when I see them again it will be when I come to visit to show them how much I've grown.
Everyone who works in the NICU was very impressed by my recovery: just two weeks ago I was barely getting by on an oscillating ventilator, one week ago I was extubated, and this week I was back on nasal cannula and breastfeeding from Mama. All of your prayers have surely helped!
Mama and DaddyG can hardly believe that I am finally scheduled to come home next week (as long as everything goes OK with Mama over the weekend).
Now, if you'll please excuse me, I've got some important hanging out to do with my Mama.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
juhu, uma!!!
ravno prav za češnje.
en velikanski objem,
barbara
BARVO!!!
Vsak dan smo cakali na to VESELO novico, draga mala Uma!
Le tako naprej!! Uma, ti si zares zelo, zelo HRABRA PUNCKA !
Cestitke ,mamici in DaddyG, ta njun pogum.
Kisses, neca, petra&matjaz
To! Bravo! To! Super! Yesss!
Tina
:-)))
Love,
chodron
Jana, Uma, Gregor,
CONGRATULATIONS!!
This is wonderful news! Go go go-you're almost home!
JWP
My Dear Sweet Umita,
Well it looks like you and Grandma Dee are both out of the "woods" as they say in the USA. I've been praying for you every day as I've been trying to deal with my own recovery from knee replacement surgery.
Today, my friends came to the HealthCare Center and took me home. It feels so good being at home and just being able to relax and do what I want with no machines, lines, wires, cables, etc. attached to me. I'm sure,Uma. that you are feeling the same way as me, since you are now up with MommaJ in her room. Just enjoy your time with your MommaJ and DaddyG and let them love you and hopefully they'll squeeze the "Poop out of you" for Grandma Dee. I'll be in touch and keep sending up prayers for you to go home this week, just like Grandma Dee has gotten to do. I love you and love your momma and daddy.
Kisses and Hugs,
Grandma Dee
Oufff...! Finally good news! We are so happy. Every time I see Tara and Pia, they ask me about Uma. We are all very very relieved. Thanks God. Kisses from Alenka, Klaus, Tara, Pia and Lili
Yippee Skippee!!!!!! Way to go Uma!!! I hope you have an excellent weekend of snuggling with Mama.
We love you!
Auntie Julia, Uncle Carter and Isadora
YA-HOO!!!
this is the best news!! see I knew I should check out the blog today and I see the most wonderful thing, you are supposed to go HOME soon. I will keep praying for you to grow big, strong and healthy (and mommaJ and daddyG to stay strong and healthy too)
love, kisses and hugs
cousin Jen
good morning, heroes! congratulations!
!gor & the gang
super - great news - we are very happy - we send you more love and hope to see you soon out of hospital - maybe on our way back to italy end june
love
branko nhandan rastko
Draga moja Uma,
tele novičke so me spravile v jok! Jokam od sreče,m popolnoma ganjena! To, yes, bravo Uma!
ČUDOVITO!
Cmok in objem in le tako naprej, ti naša mala Pika Nogavička, najmočnejša deklica na svetu!
Imamo te radi!
Nataša in Arčončki
Bravo hrabra Uma,
tečejo nam solze sreče in olajšanja. Veliko mislimo na vas.
Poljubčki od Aljoše, Sašota in Mojce
We want Uma! We want Uma! We want Uma!
xoxoxo
Auntie Julia
Hi, Jana, Gregor, and Uma
I've been following Uma's progress for many weeks now but never left a comment. I hadn't checked in for a few weeks, though, and was surprised by the turn of events and hugely relieved to know that Uma's out of the NICU and hopefully nearly home! I have been thinking of you three quite a bit over the last few months. Uma is really, really beautiful and incredibly strong and spirited. I can't wait to meet her. Cedar's a little more than 3 months now and super delicious, as is Max. My PhD graduation was 2 weeks ago -- a glorious, heady time for mama!
Love, Alissa
Post a Comment