In the first few days that I was home, a special nurse came to visit our flat. She's called a "Patronažna sestra", a little bit like a doula in that she comes and helps Mama and me get settled at home. She also showed Mama how to give me a bath! It wasn't my first bath, mind you ... I was used to taking them in the NICU, especially whenever Sestra (Nurse) Tadeja was looking after me.




The Patronažna sestra also comes and weighs me every so often so that we can report to my doctor if I am growing properly or not. Apparently, I am, though Mama and daddyG sure bug me a lot about eating more.
At home I get to sleep in the same cradle (zibka) that daddyG slept in when he was a baby. My Uncle Brane also slept in it as did several of the children of daddyG's cousins. Now it's my turn.
Speaking of Uncle Brane, he came and helped Mama and daddyG to take me out for my first walk around town. We all went for a coffee along the river. Then we went to see Brane's girlfriend Petra at her work. She said that I looked smaller than she imagined that I'd be from the photos.






On Saturday morning, Mama and daddyG got up early and got me ready to go see a pediatrician who specializes in childhood development (razvojna pediatrija). She was very pleased to hear that all of the ultrasounds of my brain show that it is developing quite well. Babies born extremely early like me are at risk for other problems as they grow if their brains do not develop properly. So far, so good. We went with the car since it looked like it was going to rain; it was my first ride in daddyG's car.
On the way home, we went by my Babica and Dedek's house to say hello to daddyG's Uncle Frenk and Aunt Vera who are here visiting from Germany. I also got to meet Dedek's second cousin John and his son John, jr., who are here from Florida visiting Slovenia for the first time.
Today I had my first visit to my regular pediatrician. Mama and daddyG walked me there in the pram. My doctor is very nice, although I wasn't very happy about the fact that she gave me a shot in my bottom. And not just one shot, but two -- one in each cheek! OW!
Now I'm at home resting.
7 comments:
Živjo Umček!
I was eagerly awaiting your newest post. Look at you riding around the streets of Lju, wonderful!
I hope we can all meet for a coffee (well I think it will be milk or formula for you!)in the center some time soon.
:) Camille
Actually, I drink my coffein with milk at NOON -- all 12 mg!!! It helps my nervous system remind me to breathe ...
Yes, hope to meet you soon. Let Mama know when you will be in LJ sometime.
Good work big girl! I love hearing about (and seeing photos of) your growth and big adventures. Your weight gain tells me being home with Mama and Daddy G agrees with you.
I love you! Auntie Julia
Hey Uma Mama,
I am in Lj like all the time. I will give you a call next time I'm free. I now know the city pretty well and I ain't half bad with the language either. It will be great to catch up!
C
Dear Sweet Uma,
Auntie Minerva and Grandma Dee would like to know if we could have some of that drink with coffein and milk at Noon with you. We both need some energy and it seems to be really working for you. We noticed you have grown so much since your last post. Your eyes are so beautiful and your face is so cute. How lucky for all of us to have such a famous beautiful baby named Uma in our lives.
Can't wait to see more photos of you. Uma, thank you so much for getting these pictures posted of your latest adventures.
Momma and DaddyG look great and none worse for wear. Also, Uncle Brane is looking pretty good too. Say hello to Petra for Grandma Dee,too. Enjoy your trips outside and know we look forward to pics of your next outdoor adventure.
Love and Hugs to you my Sweet Baby Girl,
Grandma Dee and Auntie Minerva
hej, uma!
ko sem klicala, si ravno spančkala, zato ti pa kar napišem:
vse najboljše za šest mesecev!!!!
pametno rasti še naprej.
barbara
Ja Uma,ja kako si pa ti spet lepo zrasla. Sem videla, da se ze veselo namakas v banjci.Vodica pase kajne, res super, da se lahko malo razmigas. Vidim, da ti mama in DaddyG ze razkazujeta znamenitosti.
Upam, da te bomo lahko kmalu spoznali se v zivo.
Poljubcek,
neca, petra&matjaz
Post a Comment