When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly new.
When I was Three,
I was hardly Me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five,
I was just alive.
But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.
--A.A. Milne
I had no idea it was even something that people celebrated, but I've gotten a special phonecall from Auntie Barbara, an eCard from Auntie Tina, a bunch of cool new clothes from Auntie Juliet (and Alan and Eli) all the way from Seattle, and some great books from the Plachys in Denver. Does everybody celebrate half-year birthdays?



Mama has decided to answer the question -- "How old is Uma now?" in the following way:
She'll answer like this: "Uma is six months going on three." Which means that I was born six months ago but that my corrected age is three months. It gets a little confusing always referring to my age when I was born and my corrected age, so she decided to simplify it this way.
I'm definitely not at the same level of development as my 6-month old peers, and even with my 3-month old peers, I'm at a different stage regarding most developmental milestones. That's one reason why I am going to neuro-physical therapy twice a week. The therapist helps me to establish proper movement patterns that will allow me to "catch up" with my 3-month old peers (corrected age peers) as soon as possible. At the moment, we are working on trying to get my arms and shoulders more forward so that I can grasp my hands in front of me. We are also working on my ability to bring my head to the center line and hold it there. I really like to arch my back and look to the left. But it's time to get my tummy muscles working!
I have to go practice now ... thanks again to everyone for thinking of me today and helping me to celebrate.
No comments:
Post a Comment