Friday, October 31, 2008

Everything's Better with Blue Bonnet on It

My Auntie Julia is not the only one who gets into the Halloween spirit. Mama decided it was time to put the dress that Auntie Barbara got me to good use and dressed me as a little Amish girl in order to celebrate my first Halloween. I didn't get to go trick-or-treating, but Mama told me about eating Shoofly pie in Lancaster County, PA, which is very close to where my Grandma Dee is from. The only problem is that either the outfit was made for a doll or Amish babies have small heads. The dress fit me OK, but the bonnet was way too small! With some help from Babi and DaddyG, we got it to fit...well, almost. I guess I'll have to find another costume for Pust (Carnival).



Mama said that the bonnet was supposed to go on my head.
Who was she kidding? Doesn't she know it's definitely for munching?


Do you think anyone will recognize me?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!!

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha! priceless!
barbara

Anonymous said...

Avtenticen amis! Perfektno!
Tina

Hyla said...

Rumspringen!

Anonymous said...

Okay, my Sweet Umita, Grandma Dee sure had a great laugh over your pictures. The Amish dress and apron fit you, but the blue bonnet just has to go. I guess, I'll have to get you one to match your dress. I think that bonnet was definitely for a dolly. You would surely win the prize for the funniest costume...

I love seeing this new pics of you. Yeah, UMA...

Love ya,
Grandma Dee

Anonymous said...

Oh come on Grandma! The bonnet is fun. I personally am having flashbacks to my childhood in Ohio when we use to go get maple sugar candy in this special Amish little village. Hard to imagine this vicious childhood memory flashback comes by way of Slovenia.

Love to you all. Julia