Sunday, February 14, 2010

Finally, a Cake!

I like cake. A lot. Though to be honest, I haven't really eaten a lot of it. Still, I like the idea of it. That it can be contorted into so many different shapes, sizes, flavors and colors. In one of my favorite books, a girl (whom I've named Taja) turns pink because she eats pink cupcakes. Yeah, cakes are pretty cool.

So when my Mama brought out this cake that she claims to have made for me, for my birthday, well, I leapt at the chance to have a taste.

But first she lit two pink sticks that were poking out of the cake and said that I had to blow out the flames. What? You, can blow out those candles, Mama. Just gimme some of that cake. NOWW!!

(Can you tell that I'm two?)










p.s. You might be wondering why I didn't get my birthday cake until February, when my birthday was in January. First, Mama got sick (on my birthday, no less). Then my Babi and Dedi went on their skiing holiday. Then Mama decided to wait until my Uncle Ryan came to visit. So here we are, in the middle of February. Happy Valentine's Day, by the way!
p.p.s. Mama said that I had to write that it was a Devil's Food Cake with Vanilla Buttercream frosting. Her first. Mmmm ... Good thing that my next birthday is already less than a year away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Umita,
How beautiful and big you are growing! Grandma D'Nana can't wait to see you in June. You look like you are enjoying the chocolate cake with cream icing that your momma made you. It also appears that you had a good time with Uncle Ryan when he came to visit.

Grandma D'Nana will bring your birthday gifts when I come to visit you in June.

LOVE YA,
Grandma D'Nana

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Party Uma!!! Yippee for Two!!!!

My how your mother is so adventurous to give you a chocolate cake. (I held out on giving chocolate to Isadora for another couple of years - I didn't want her to fight me for it.)

So what do you do now that you are two? Do you flash your tricycle skills at the park? Show your parents that pots and pans are truly meant for music? Climb like a monkey?

We love you and are excited that you are two!

Love, Auntie Julia, Uncle Carter and Isadora