Sunday, December 21, 2008

Uma and the Silly Chefs



I recently made 40 new friends. That's right...40 folks who cook at the restaurant Fifteen in London and got their photos taken for the cookbook, Cook with Jamie by Jamie Oliver. Mama had the strange idea that I might like to look at the yummy pictures of food that are in it. You know, things like Oozy egg ravioli, Squash sage and amaretti risotto, Indian-style broccoli with spiced yogurt, Coconut banana and passion fruit pavlova and Gingerbread cookies. Her plans were all fine and good, but I foiled them when I wouldn't let her get past the inside cover page of the book. Every time she tried to show me a picture from the inside pages of the book, I made her turn back to the cover and the inside cover page. Until I discovered that the back inside cover was interesting, too. Why? Well, there are 40 more photos of the same chefs on those pages. Silly chefs, all smiling, laughing, joking around and goofing off. My kind of people. Can't wait till we get to meet in person! Maybe then I'll be old enough to really eat their food.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Happy Christmas, Uma. I'm missing your uncle Ryan, who is with his parents in Colorado. Like you, I'm a fan of silly chefs, and like your mama, I think highly of Jamie Oliver. Someday I'd like to cook a fresh meal for you!

Anonymous said...

uma, you are practically a teenager :)

Unknown said...

Hej!
Lepo slisat, da tako fino rastes! Pa, da si se ze spoprijatelila z vsemi mikrobi, po Ljubljanski okolici:)

Pozdrav vsem trem iz Huston texas!

Lp Blaz

PS: Grega se vidmo na kaksnem turniju!