Friday, December 18, 2009

Long time, no see



Hey everybody ... here it is December, we've had our first snowfall in Ljubljana and Mama keeps telling me that soon some guy named Santa is going to come down the chimney and bring us some presents. Nevermind that we have a chimney but no fireplace.

I've been very very busy since my last post in July: learning lots of new words in both Slovenian and English, starting to walk, practicing signing with babysigningtime.com and signingtime.com, going to occupational therapy once a week and physical therapy about once a month, learning how to climb the slide at the playground. Not to mention getting poked by more needles than your average pin-cushion. MamaJ and DaddyG decided to give me the full slate of shots against the old flu and the new flu, in addition I also get a shot once a month from November to March to protect me against Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV).

I love looking at books, playing with balls, going to the playground and also playing peek-a-boo. And not just your average baby-style peek-a-boo where you hold up some blanket and try to convince me that you've disappeared. No, I'm the one to hold up the blanket and if there's no blanket around, I'll also hide behind a corner. And I'm very patient, I like to wait a long time before I poke my head out, just to make sure that you are very surprised.

I still can't go to nursery school like other kids my age, because the doctors say that it is too risky for my health. So MamaJ, DaddyG and Babi Anka take turns watching me every day. Sometimes Daddy's aunt Kristina (Teti) also comes to hang out with me or take me to the playground (well, at least before it got so cold here!).

I'll try to catch up on a few other stories, as well as to post a holiday message. Just wanted to say hi and let you all know what I've been up to.

Enjoy the photos!

This is one of my favorite books -- a picture dictionary with Slovenian, French
and English words. There is a little girl named Ana in it and I like to look on
every page to see if I find her.






Playing Hide-n-Seek / Peek-a-Boo with DaddyG ...







No Mom, I wasn't really going to try and touch the cables. Really.



So THIS where "anta" comes in the house when he comes down the chimney.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uma! You are so big! Santa is coming! And so are a couple of little presents from Isadora (and Uncle Carter and Auntie Julia). I am so excited to see photos of how beautiful you are and how big your world is. I love you and am very proud of you.

Hugs and Kisses, Auntie Julia

Camille Acey said...

thanks for the update Ms. Uma. we've missed you. i am glad to see you are doing well and making so much progress. i hope i can come visit you in the new year. tell your mama that i have a delivery of Ethiopian injera bread coming from America soon, and she should come over for some!

Anonymous said...

Well, Grandma D'nana has been missing you and oh my how big you are getting!! Can't wait to play peek-a-boo with you and for you to read your book to me. 'anta will be bringing you something from Grandma D'nana. I sure hope you like it. I'm sending you lots of hugs and kisses! Continue to be a good little girl, chiquita, bonita, Umita. Tell MommaJ that I love the pictures that you put on the blog.

Love,
Grandma D'nana

Expat Barbie said...

um, excuse me, but WHO IS THIS CHILD?

good job mama and papa (and extended family and friends who are caring for uma!) she is GORGEOUS :)

Petra said...

prava mala navihanka, kok je cute, res :)