Tonight I got a blood transfusion. Actually, it was an INfusion, because the doctors decided that I needed more blood in order to keep growing and developing properly. But it made me wonder: Where does all that blood come from? Do people really give it away? That's pretty nice of them, I think. I mean, it sure helps me a lot. So thanks to all those blood donors out there. As you can see, I don't need a lot, but a little bit goes a long way.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Blood drive
Tonight I got a blood transfusion. Actually, it was an INfusion, because the doctors decided that I needed more blood in order to keep growing and developing properly. But it made me wonder: Where does all that blood come from? Do people really give it away? That's pretty nice of them, I think. I mean, it sure helps me a lot. So thanks to all those blood donors out there. As you can see, I don't need a lot, but a little bit goes a long way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey, uma,
thank you for posting this! it reminded me that i've not donated blood for a long time. (i forget!) if anyone asks you about donating blood, you can tell them that anyone healthy can do it,it doesn't hurt at all, the nurses and doctors are really kind and you get a nice snack afterwards (sandwich, cake AND fruit). it is actually good for the (healthy) donor and crucial for babies and other people who need transfusion or infusion.
stay strong!
auntie b.
Post a Comment