Friday, February 22, 2008

good things come ...


Since my breathing crisis and infection at the end of January, I haven't been able to do Kangaroo Care with Mama and daddyG. That's a long time to wait! But today, the doctor said that I was stable enough to do it again. Yippee! Because I still have my ventilator, it was kinda complicated for the nurses to coordinate all of the tubes and hoses, especially because the ventilator machine is on the other side of my incubator. Two nurses had to work together in order to get Mama and I set up in the chair. They had to tape the ventilator hoses to Mama's shoulder so that they wouldn't fall down!

Even though I like Kangarooing very much, I got a bit fussy because my tummy was hurting and well, I needed to take a poo. Luckily, Mama massaged my back and it helped. Nice, eh?


No comments: