
After 94 days in Room 2, today was another big milestone that happened to coincide with my expected due date: I moved out of "Intensive Therapy" (intenzivna terapija) and into the room for "Intensive Care" (intenzivna nega). It's quite a big rite of passage.
Being in Room 5 is like being at a spa for preemies! I now get to do kangaroo care or pestovanje twice a day -- once in the morning and once in the afternoon. There are usually only 3 or 4 babies in this room (sometimes 5), but for the most part, we are stable and don't have a lot of pesky alarms going off every 5 seconds. That means lots of time to sleep peacefully.

Just like Slovenia is known as the sunny side of the alps, Room 5 and the other rooms of the Intensive Care part are on the sunny side of the NICU (EINT) -- at least in the afternoon.

I also get my diaper changed at a changing table now, though I'm not so fond of the overhead light. The table is right next to the BabyTherm so my saturation monitor on my foot and my oxygen cannula can still be attached while the nurse changes my diaper and dresses me.

Here I am waiting for my feeding, feeling refreshed after kangaroo care, a clean diaper and a change of clothes ...
1 comment:
BRAVO UMA!!!
Kaksen napredek, da si zamenjala sobico. Sedaj si ze prava punca in kot vidim ti tudi prijazne setre pustijo vec svobode. DaddyG te tako samozavestno pestuje, kot bi to pocel ze od nekdaj, se mu vidi kako ponosen je:)
Tudi vsi ostali smo ponosni nate Uma, le tako naprej.Cim vec crkljanja ti zelimo!
Kisses&hugs,
neca, petra, matjaz
Post a Comment