Before we left the house, Mama managed to catch me on video while I was warming up my legs and wrangling my duda. You'll notice that I'm kicking my legs up towards the ceiling. Well, maybe not always, but more often than I have been. I'm also keeping them lifted more often in general. That means that all this physical therapy is paying off and that my abdominal muscles are getting stronger.
And although MamaJ's camera ran out of memory space before I managed to put my duda in my mouth, I did manage -- and usually do! What a big step towards my independence! But as you can see, I don't mind chewing on the sides of this new duda because they are also comforting to my gumbs.
Before we walked daddyG to his car, she and daddyG stoppy by their favorite paninotecca, cleverly named "Paninoteka", for morning coffee (ILLY -- of course), a chocolate croissant and half of panino. If you ever come to Ljubljana, you have to go there, it seems to be a popular place.
You might be wondering why my diaper is such a brownish color. Noooo...it's not...that. MamaJ's been trying out these eco-friendly diapers on me this week. Now that I am no longer in premie and newborn size diapers, there is a wider selection available. She told me, though, that although these diapers are eco-friendly, they are not very mommy-friendly because everything leaks out and she has twice as much work cleaning up me and my clothes. Hmmm...maybe there's something to Pampers after all.
MamaJ admits that she would like to be more ecological regarding diaper usage, but here in Slovenia, we don't have diaper cleaning and delivery services like in America. And cleaning all those cloth diapers at home is a lot of work for any mother, but even more for MamaJ, especially considering all the other things that she and daddyG have to deal with in order to take care of me. Parents sure have to make a lot of tough choices, don't they?
MamaJ told me that she's heard about babies who get potty-trained very early and hardly even need to wear diapers. It's called "Elimination Communication" or "Infant Potty Training". Does this mean that Mama will soon go out and buy a little potty for me? Perhaps. It may even work, as Mama says I make a pretty distinct expression and scrunch up my whole body every time I take a poo. But is she fast enough to get me to the potty in time...?
6 comments:
uma, pa ti si vsak dan večja! hočem rečt, opazno večja!! kako velika si že?
aja, to o kahli: poleg tega, da je lažje za mamo in bolj ekološko, pomeni tudi, da lahko nosiš bistveno lepša oblačila. (ker se ne poznajo robovi od plenic. saj je logično, a ne?)
lep pozdrav,
barbara
Wow!!! So much exciting stuff!!!! I love seeing your pictures and video sweet girl. Thank you!
Love, Auntie Julia
what a wonderful video - you are a gorgeous girl, and i am really enchanted by your sweet expression and deep brown eyes! tell your mama that poop leaks out of pampers, too... (but on the plus side, each package of pampers you buy is worth one vaccine in developing countries... )
Well, my Sweet Baby girl, you have out done yourself with this posting... so many pictures of you which show just how big you are getting. Grandma noticed that you don't have your oxygen on...that's so great. What progress! Hey, tell MommaJ that Grandma Dee had the same dilemma with her diapers. I only wanted to use cloth diapers. Well, after she came home from the hospital, I started using the cloth ones. Oh, my goodness! Everything else always got so wet... her bed, blankets, and clothing, that I decided PAMPERS definitely kept her and her surroundings drier. She was a real pee er. :-D
Now about those muscles, your new clothing, the weather, your duda, and your favorite toy... all I can say is I'm so excited to be able to see pictures of you and everything you are doing now. I'm thrilled to see you are growing and progressing so well. Grandma Dee already bought her ticket to come and see you in December. I can't wait!!!! Hugs to you my Sweet Umita and kisses and hugs for DaddyG and MommaJ.
LOVE YA,
Grandma Dee
It is absolutely fabulous to see Uma growing and getting stronger with every day.
I'd want to encourage you to try the elimination communication methods. The whole thing is much simpler than it sounds. We've tried it with our son when he was 6 weeks old and it worked from the first day. We don't catch all the pees, but most of them.
Although there's plethora of information on the Web, we've read Ingrid Bauer's book Diaper Free and recommend it warmly.
Take care,
Mladen
Hello, MY Sweet Umita,
It's the end of the day and I'm beat. I didn't even have time for lunch or anything today again. UGH!! But I decided since it's past time to go home, that I'd visit you a bit online before leaving and talk with you.
Grandma Dee's been thinking about things to get you to wear and play with as you settle in to your new home. I imagine you and your MOMMAJ have been quite busy today and I'm sure will be very busy the rest of this week...getting settled in your new home with BABI and Dedek. Enjoy your time with Babi and Dedek... I'm sure they are so happy to have you there. I'll talk with you soon. Good Luck with your trip to the Children's Hospital this Wednesday. You are in my prayers and I hope the oxygen becomes a thing of the past.
LOVE YA,
Grandma Dee
Post a Comment