Friday, March 28, 2008

Hippo's Breakfast

I'm not really sure what Mr. Hippo had for breakfast, but that was the motif on the sleeper the nurse dressed me in today before she gave me to Mama to hold. Today was the first day that I wore clothes and I really started to feel more like a "little" newborn baby and not a "preemie" anymore. I'm 38 weeks old, which means that I'm getting closer to my "expected due date". It doesn't mean that I get to go home in two weeks when I'm 40 weeks old, but it does mean that I'm getting closer to going home someday soon. I've already tripled my birth weight now but I'm still too little ... well, at least for size 50 baby clothes.













daddyG worked really hard to get a photo with my eyes open. The brown thing on my nose is a piece of silicone that the nurses glued to my skin to keep the CPAP mask from bothering it.




5 comments:

Julia said...

Oh Hello Sweet Uma!!! I'm so excited to see and hear about all of your big milestones! It is so nice to see you cradled in your mother's arms. Isn't the best? And your fancy fashions. Look at you all smart and moving on from your bonnets and into real clothes.

And you are such a big girl. You have tripled your birth weight! Good work! Go Uma! Go Uma! Go Uma!

I love you Sweet Girl!

Auntie Julia

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon, my Sweet Umita,
Grandma's been checking out your blog daily, probably twice or more a day, always hoping for more. It just seems like I can't get enough of seeing you. I'm so thrilled to see how well you are doing, especially that you and your momma are finally able to stare into each other's face when she holds you. That postavanje is really neat. Grandma has so many wonderful things for you to wear now that you can put on clothing. So I have to get things mailed to you. I just need to know which way is the best to mail them. Take care and keep on doing so well. Grandma Dee sends you a big hug and lots of kisses.

I love you, my Sweet Baby Girl.
Grandma Dee

Anonymous said...

Ooooops!! Looks like grandma got the slovene word wrong. It's pestovanje that you're doing with MOMMA instead of just the kangaroo time. I'm working on those slovene words. I can see you're going to have to help Grandma Dee with the language part. No matter it's a good thing and you are doing just great my Sweet Beautiful Baby Girl, Umita.

Love ya,
Grandma Dee

Anonymous said...

Brava Uma, pajaček ti prav paše, tudi če je malo prevelik a saj veš, da je moderno, prava raperica boš :)
veliko poljubčkov,
Marcela

Anonymous said...

Grow, Uma, grow!

Čisto vsak dan pridemo pogledat z Nacetom in Rudijem pogledat na tvoj blog in smo čisto navdušeni kako lepa in pametna punca si že! In kako rasteš, bravo, bravo!

Objeme in poljubčke in veliko pestovanja in "handlinga" in pozadravi očka in mami!
Tudi onadva sta super :)

Nataša & družinica