The nurse told Mama that my eyes were full of tears, but by the time Mama got there, they were all dried up and I was sleeping (and breathing!) calmly.
Needless to say, Mama was very proud of me. Mama gave Auntie B a full update about me when she met her for lunch. Auntie B gave me a present to celebrate turning 2 months; it's a cookbook by Auntie B's favorite cook Nigella Lawson called FEAST -- Food to Celebrate Life. She said the celebrating life part was especially important which is why she wanted to give the book to me. Since I can't use it for awhile, Auntie B said that Mama could borrow it. She made Mama promise that when I am 7 times the weight of the book, that we would get together and eat something made from one of the recipes. I guess that means we'll have to wait until I'm over 10 kg! By the way, today I weigh 1180 grams, so I think it is officially time to say that I'm over 1 kilo to stay!!
Another baby who was in my room just moved to the other side of the ward where the babies still get special care, but no longer need intensive care. Like me, she was born at 27 weeks with low birth weight (520 grams). Her name is Jerca and today she turned 3 months old. Congratulations, Jerca!

When Mama came back to visit me in the afternoon, I was sleeping on my right side. I have the same attachment as I had before but it is only in my nose a little way and is using CPAP support.

After awhile, I woke up because I was starting to get really hungry! It wasn't quite dinner time but because the nurses gave me less to eat at the previous two feedings, I was hungrier than usual. The nurse turned me over on my left side and put some glucose on a pacifier. Mama helped keep the pacifier from falling out. It helped to calm me down until feeding time.
4 comments:
Way to go Uma!
I was noticing tonight that you have more hair than your good friend Isadora did on her first birthday. Its amazing how much you are growing! Good work girlfriend!
Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful photos. We love seeing you grow and change every day.
We love you!
Auntie Julia, Uncle Carter and Isadora
Uma,
I was just going to mention your beautiful hair too!
Love to your mom and dad!
JWP
Draga Uma, draga Jana & Grega,
vsak vsak vsak dan pridem pogledat kako rasteš! In ob vsakem novem zapisu potočim kakšno solzico iz ganjenosti!
Uma, ti si ZVEZDA!
In kako luštna punca si! In kako si že zrasla! In kako te imam rada, čeprav se še nisva spoznali! In kako čudovit, prekrasen, ganljiv, prelep blog pišeš! Komaj čakam, da se spoznamo tudi v živo! Tudi Nace in Rudi spremljata tvoj blog in navijata zate. In zdaj si želita, da bi tudi mi imeli še nega dojenčka! Tako krasna si, veš!
DRŽI SE! MISLIMO NATE!
Vsi Arčonovi
Uma, my hero!
T.
Post a Comment